So you’re in Birmingham and you need a technical author. But not just any technical author – you’re looking for a writer with qualifications in technical communication and a wealth of experience. Because on your project, you can’t afford to have someone who can write but doesn’t get to grips with the technical aspects. Similarly, a techie who can’t connect with your customers isn’t going to work either. What do you do?
Let me tell you. You just click ‘Hire Me’ at the bottom of this page. That’s all it is going to take to start resolving your documentation issues. Because as a highly qualified and experienced technical writer, I can travel to Birmingham and write for you on a contract or freelance basis.
Getting to Birmingham
Hands up, you got me. I’m not actually a technical author in Birmingham…but I’m not far away so commuting is not really going to be a problem – especially if you are on the north side. According to Google Maps, the journey is under an hour on the M6 to Birmingham city centre, so not too bad.
Now that you know I’m close by, you’ll want to be sure I have the skills and experience to turn your documentation project into a success. You can find a wealth of information about my skills, career and background on this site, but here’s a quick summary if you really don’t have the time to read through it all:
- Technical Author and Copywriter with 15+ years’ experience
- BA Hons Technical Communication
- Produced manuals for hardware in multiple industries, including medical devices and air-cooling
- Produced online help for SCADA software (used in utilities industries)
- Copywriting experience includes web marketing content for a diverse range of businesses
- Knowledge of various authoring tools, including MadCap Flare, Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe InDesign, MS Word
- Member of the Institute of Scientific and Technical Communicators (MISTC).
Find out more – Get in Touch
If you would like to know more about my technical writing services, please get in touch. You can get hold of me via the Contact Us page (e-mail is preferred, as I can’t always take calls when working on site). Alternatively, get in touch via any of the social media links on this page.
Sorry, but the contact us page does feature a Captcha. This is to limit e-mail spam. I know, I know, I hate Captcha’s too, but not as much as I hate being bombarded with offers for knock-off viagra.