About StrayGoat Writing Services
Everything you Wanted to Know about StrayGoat Writing Services Ltd.
StrayGoat Writing Services Ltd is the business name for Craig Wright (that’s me, to the side). I can help your company by creating user-centred content and documentation.
On this page, you can find:
I create ‘user-centred’ content for the web and for traditional user manuals, documents, training material etc. This is content that looks at your products and services from your customers’ perspective and communicates using language and ideas that they can easily understand. Of course, it also delivers the message that your company wants to provide – it just does it in a way that’s all about the customer, rather than all about you.
What sort of content does StrayGoat deliver?
Well, what do you need?
For customer support documentation, most of my clients ask for:
- Online help
- Help centre articles
- User guides (O&M manuals)
- Installation guides
- Process documentation (manufacturing processes etc.)
- Training material (tutorials, etc.)
- Knowledgebase and wiki articles.
If you’re looking for content marketing, I can provide compelling:
- Web pages
- Copy for brochures
- Product descriptions
- Blog posts
If there’s some other form of technical documentation or marketing content that you need, please ask. Even if I don’t offer that product or service myself, I may know someone who can help you.
What sort of products has StrayGoat worked on?
If I had to choose one type of product as my specialism, it would be software. I’ve worked in software development teams for the majority of my career and have documented:
- SCADA software (industrial monitoring and control)
- IoT software
- Financial software
- Spreadsheet conversion software
- Data centre optimisation software
- Video compression software.
But I’ve worked on physical products and services too. These include:
- Pelvic floor exercise devices for women
- Timecode synchronisation devices for film and audio
- Scrap car recycling
- Meeting room A/V equipment
- Websites for various businesses, including lighting companies, nightclubs, and stage illusionists.
Variety of work is one of the best things about being freelance. So whatever your niche is, there’s a good chance I’ll be interested in writing about it.
How long has StrayGoat Writing Services been in Business?
StrayGoat Writing Services Ltd. was formed in 2012, but I have been a professional technical writer since 1997.
StrayGoat Writing Services is the natural successor to Straygoat Copywriting, a business I formed years ago, as a hobby. While I still offer some copywriting services, I prefer to focus on technical writing these days.
Why Should You Use StrayGoat?
If you’re undecided about whether I’m a good fit for your technical writing project, these points should help you make your mind up.
What do I bring to your project?
- I know how to plan and write content that will enhance your business. Using tools such as Paligo or MadCap Flare, I can make your content easier and cheaper to update, and at the same time, create engaging content that gives your customers the help they need, whenever they need it.
- I have the soft skills that are needed to extract technical information from SMEs without causing friction or wasting people’s time. Do I ask a lot of questions? Yes, I do. But they are always relevant to what your audience needs to know and I’m always sensitive to the work of your experts.
- I have worked in agile environments, so know about stand-ups, stories, sprints, etc. Most of my career has been in software teams, so I know how they work and how to work effectively as part of a team.
- I’m affordable and flexible. If you have work, but don’t want a technical writer on board 5 days per week, that’s not a problem. I’m not one of those writers who wants to be working 5 days a week at the top possible rate – the type of project and work/life balance are more important to me. So let’s discuss what you need.
- I have worked with leading technical authoring tools, such as Paligo, MadCap Flare, and Atlassian Confluence.
- I’m driven. You don’t need to hold my hand – just tell me what you need, point me in the direction of your SMEs and let me do my thing.
Technical Writing Services in Wingerworth, Derbyshire
StrayGoat Writing Services Ltd.
Registered Business Number: 08029184
Address: 26 Wheatlands Road, Wingerworth, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S42 6RS. United Kingdom.
Tel: 07954141761 – please call 9-5 UK time only.
Let's Get your Content Started
Click the button below to get in touch.