Learn about StrayGoat Writing Services
Everything You Wanted to Know About StrayGoat But Were Afraid to Ask...
StrayGoat Writing Services Ltd. is the business name for Craig Wright, an experienced British technical communicator. The business provides a range of content writing services, focusing mainly on software documentation, hardware documentation, and web content.
On this page, you can find:
Registered Business Number: 08029184
Address: 26 Wheatlands Road, Wingerworth, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S42 6RS. United Kingdom.
Tel: 07954141761 - please call 9-5 UK time only.
To learn more about the services on offer, see the technical writing services page.
The question that everyone asks! Some people think it is related to Derbyshire, but it isn't. Way back when I first met my wife, we lived in different towns, so on the days where we weren't meeting up, we would 'chat' on Yahoo messenger (yes, it was that long ago!). Her handle on yahoo was Straygoat followed by some random numbers, so when I needed something unique for the business name, I used Straygoat. Much to her continued annoyance, I might add.
StrayGoat Writing Services Ltd. was formed in 2012. It is the natural successor to Straygoat Copywriting, a business I formed some years before that, as a hobby. While I still offer some copywriting services, I prefer to focus on technical writing these days.
Yes, I have business insurance through Hiscox. Proof of insurance can be provided if required.
- I know how to plan and write content that will enhance your business. Using tools such as Paligo or MadCap Flare, I can make your content easier and cheaper to update, and at the same time, create engaging content that gives your customers the help they need, whenever they need it.
- I have the soft skills that are needed to extract technical information from SMEs without causing friction or wasting people’s time. Do I ask a lot of questions? Yes, I do. But they are always relevant to what your audience needs to know and I’m always sensitive to the work of your experts.
- I have worked in agile environments, so know about stand-ups, stories, sprints, etc. Most of my career has been in software teams, so I know how they work and how to work effectively as part of a team.
- I’m affordable and flexible. If you have work, but don’t want a technical writer on board 5 days per week, that’s not a problem. I’m not one of those writers who wants to be working 5 days a week at the top possible rate – the type of project and work/life balance are more important to me. So let’s discuss what you need.
- I have worked with leading technical authoring tools, such as Paligo, MadCap Flare, and Atlassian Confluence.
- I'm driven. You don't need to hold my hand - just tell me what you need, point me in the direction of your SMEs and let me do my thing.